I had a really great weekend doing tons of crafty and artsy fartsy things. I have been slacking in that department for a long time. They had always been more than hobbies for me, they were literally my medicine, my soul cleansing me-time. I feel so GOOD about all the things I did this weekend that I feel inclined to share it with you guys. I will be sharing them in a series of posts over the next few days! I considered doing one big clusterfuck post of all the DIYs I did this weekend but for the sake of organization and not overwhelming my followers, I’ve decided to give it to you in small doses. 🙂
Hemp Oil Facial/Hair Oil
Okay so this one is probably the most minimal effort thing I did this weekend, but somehow I was most excited about it. I’ve been having nasty acne outbreaks lately so I wanted to find a completely natural way to combat it. Hemp Oil is incredibly beneficial for your skin, with lots of fatty omega 3’s, disinfectant properties, and quick absorption, this was a no brainer carrier oil for me. It’s great for people with sensitive skin.
What you need:
– A small, empty bottle to hold your product
– Hemp Oil
– Tea Tree Oil
– Other Essential Oils of your preference!
– Probably a funnel (unless you’re feeling brave)
How to Mix them:
– Fill your bottle 2/3 of the way with your Hemp Oil
– Add 5-7 drops of Tea Tree Oil (Keep in mind this oil can be very potent, but has incredible benefits)
– Add 2-3 drops of the Essential Oil of your choice, personally I chose Lavender and Lemongrass as they both have great effects on the skin and smell lovely!
– Replace the lid to the bottle and shake the shit out of it to ensure the essential oils are thoroughly diluted.
How to Use:
Using it is really simple, cover the opening with your finger and tip to saturate your finger in the oil, or use a dropper if you prefer. Then massage the desired amount onto clean skin. I use the excess on my finger tips to massage into my scalp to promote healthy hair growth! Hemp Oil and Tea Tree Oil are both infamously great for hair.
Shelf Life / Expiry:
Hemp Oil tends to have a low shelf life (in my opinion), so be sure to write it down somewhere so you don’t end up using spoiled product. To increase the shelf life of your products, you might choose a brown bottle instead of a clear one, to preserve the oils.