So after my adventures with lip balm I was left with a giant brick of beeswax and not a whole lot to do with it. I was itching to use it and had just run out of melts for my warmer and it just dawned on me that I could easily make my own. So I did! These are fantastic for personal use or as a gift for a loved one. You can personalize them to your liking using whatever scents you prefer.
It’s easy as pie and only requires 3 ingredients and minimal tools.
– Pure beeswax
– Coconut Oil
– Essential Oils
– An empty wax melt mold or a silicone mold
– A microwave safe dish
– A funnel or spout measuring cup for clean pouring
– 1/4 cup of beeswax pellets or grated beeswax
– 2 tbsp of coconut oil
– 20-30 drops of essential oil
1. Combine 1/4 cup of beeswax pellets or grated beeswax with 2 table spoons of coconut oil in your microwave safe bowl.
2. Pop them in the microwave and melt them on 10-20 second intervals, checking repeatedly to ensure it’s melted.
3. Once your mixture is completely melted, add in 20-30 drops of the essential oil of your choice. I used Lavender for my test batch and it smelled fantastic!
4. Gently stir the mixture and then pour into the mold.
5. Carefully tap the mold on the counter/table to release any air pockets
6. Allow it to cool, you can do this at room temperature or in the fridge for faster cooling
7. Once they’ve completely hardened, pop them out of the mold and voila!
You can store this in a cute mason jar or container but be sure to store them in a cool, dry, place.