Pregnancy and Delivery (Paisley)

Prepare yourself for a wall of text! Or just scroll past all this boring stuff and look at the pictures, whatever creams your twinkie. Okay, okay… Let me start from the beginning.. the beginning really feels like just yesterday honestly. After months and months of badgering my husband to have a third child, and him saying no way hosay, one day, he told me he was ready to try for another baby. It came just a month after his father passed away. For me it was bitter sweet to know I would finally get my third child, but they would never meet their Grandfather. They, being the baby, who at the time wasn’t even concieved. 😛

So, on November 26th, we started trying for a baby. On December 12th I was supposed to get my period, and I didn’t. So I sent Daniel to the drug store to get me a pregnancy test. I took it and saw a clear positive all up in my face and I was ecstatic. I ran out into the kitchen bouncing around yelling “It’s positive! I’m pregnant! Oh my god! Oh my GOD!!!”. He stood there looking like he wasn’t sure how to feel, though, if you know my husband, you know that’s a typical response for him. But inside he was happy, scared, but happy!

At around 10 weeks pregnant I had my first doctor’s appointment and they determined I was due on August 19th according to my LMP. That was fine by me, I could go on either side of that date and maybe have a Leo baby OR a Virgo baby. (I reeeeally was hoping it would be a Virgo like Daddy though.) I got all my bloodwork ordered and things were peachy besides the fact that my family doctor sucked donkey dink (you can read more about that in my past entries!) The first few months of my pregnancy were gruelling, absolutely fucking awful. I was sick every hour of every day, losing more and more weight as the weeks passed by. My skin made me look like a prepubescent 14 year old. I had more acne than you could shake a bar of soap at. In April I had my first ultrasound, I was nervous to find out baby’s gender but also very excited naturally. I was happy either way, boy, girl, whatever! But after having two boys, finding out this baby was a girl, was priceless. My jaw hit the floor and I was speechless. It was during this ultrasound that I was given a new due date, August 26th.

The sleepless nights were probably the hardest part of my whole pregnancy, my pelvis was giving me a lot of grief and the pain was excruciating. Much worse than it was with my second pregnancy. In addition to this, I was often faint because I had low platelets (which resulted in a few CBCs and other tests). Luckily no seizures this time, though! Despite being in the worst discomfort I have ever experienced, I still got dolled up when I could:


A week before my due date, I woke up having a lot of pains, but nothing too extreme. I had a bad feeling all day that I was going to go into labor, but I was in denial. So hours passed and though I was becoming increasingly more uncomfortable, I kept telling myself it was braxton hicks contractions. I was just going about my day, playing
Hearthstone, and chatting with my interwebs friends. My husband kept asking me throughout the day if he should leave work and I was like nope.. I got this. Eventually he got off work and we still just chilled out at home, by this point I was pretty sure I was in labor, but I was being stubborn and wouldn’t go to the hospital until I was 100% positive. Eventually I called my Mom and Dad to come wait at the house with us, because I wanted to be prepared when it came to the boys. While they were on their way, my labor hit hard and I knew I had to go, it was almost crippling, so as soon as they arrived we left. The motion of the vehicle relieved the pain somewhat and I was able to have nice calm conversations with my husband and Mom the whole drive in.

Once we arrived at the Hospital they took me right in and the nurse seemed skeptical about how calm I was. She couldn’t tell if I was really in labor but I assured her I was and asked for drugs. She asked me what I’d like and I told her fetinol and she said she wanted to check me first to ensure I was in labor. So I let her do an internal exam and she popped her head up from between my knees and informed me that I was 5.5cm dilated. We were all pretty surprised considering I was expecting to be maybe 1cm. So with that, the drugs were flowing, straight into my IV. I was on cloud 9 my whole labor and even opted out of the epidural. Around 8cm it hit me full force, I was screaming like a banshee but luckily I dilated very quickly. I hit 10cm after being at the hospital for only 3 hours and a bit. Once it was time to push, I was ready… actually, I wasn’t ready. While my body was screaming push, my pain tolerance was begging desperately for me to stop. I was screaming in agony like someone was murdering me, because at the time, that’s how it felt. But then almost magically, she was there! My beautiful baby girl. They handed her to me and I felt her against my skin for the first time, I cried. I was so captivated by her that I failed to realize she wasn’t crying, she was completely blue. The nurse swiftly came over and poked and prodded at her until in one bursting gasp, she took a breath and then cried! Music to my ears. Her skin flushed with pink and she was perfect.

I’ve exclusively breastfed her and since she was born we’ve only run into one or two issues while we were still in hospice, but since then she has been perfect! After she was born I had to stay on an IV for a little while longer because of my blood, again. Aside from that I was perfectly fine. Here she is when she was first born, note the thumb next to her head for size comparison:


Here she is with her two proud big brothers:

And here is Princess Paisley now:

She was born on August 19th, 2014 at 10:38PM. She weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 20 3/4 inches long!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s